Wow! There has been so much change going on [and it’s not finished either] that it is hard to know where to start… First of all, we did wonder if we’d finally get a release as the end of the year ended with quite a bit of work, meaning less time to work on mog*cms. But we got there. And this is the proof.
On a personal level, I’m really proud of this release, I feel that mog*cms is ‘getting there’. Now, perhaps, I need to explain that statement.
Version 1.2 is what I would have wanted for the 1.0 release. This doesn’t mean that 1.0 [and 1.1] weren’t fit for release, just that they were the best that we could do at that point. 1.0 was frozen and pushed out for April 1st, 2006 as it had to be released at some point. We spent 2 weeks prior to release polishing it, and then went ‘Ouf!’ — an obscure French exclamation meaning ‘Well, we finally got there!’. For 1.1 we corrected a bunch of bugs, and added the RSS feeds that had had to be cut out of the initial release.
Of course, we’re not claiming that mog*cms is perfect. We’ll no doubt see a 1.2.1 release as a few stragglers get cleaned up, but we still have great plans for the future.